Rule #1

Rule #1
Muey Importante

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Dammit Dallas Stars....

What do I see this morning on Spector's site? 

USATODAY.COM: Kevin Allen reports the Carolina Hurricanes, Washington Capitals, Nashville Predators, Atlanta Thrashers, Toronto Maple Leafs, Edmonton Oilers, Dallas Stars, Pittsburgh Penguins, New Jersey Devils and the Ottawa Senators are his picks for teams facing the most intriguing decisions by the trade deadline. Hurricanes forwards Ray Whitney and Matt Cullen are coveted by other clubs, the Capitals might shop for a veteran goalie if Semyon Varlamov remains sidelined, the Predator might consider shopping pending UFA defenseman Dan Hamhuis for scoring help, the Thrashers could shop forward Colby Armstron and goalie Kari Lehtonen, the Leafs could move Alexei Ponikarovsky and possibly Lee Stempniak and Allen feels it's still possible Tomas Kaberle might change his mind about waiving his "no-trade" clause, the Oilers hope to move players like Lubomir Visnovsky who are on long term contracts, the Stars could consider shopping Marty Turco, Jere Lehtinen and Steve Ott if they fall out of the playoff race, the Penguins might ponder adding a winger to Evgeni Malkin's line but Allen doubts they'll pursue Ray Whitney, the Devils might pursue a defenseman now that they've dealt away Johnny Oduya as part of the Kovalchuk trade, and the Senators might add a player or two.

Let me say this one more time...  trade Niskanen, Daley, Turco or even Lehtinen or Modano (although they are our only two "franchise" players left and I cant imagine Modano playing for anyone else but still..) but do NOT ....DO NOT trade Steve Ott. 

Here is my list of deal breaker players that we CANNOT trade (yeah, I know nobody asked me but maybe they should...just sayin):

Steve Ott
James Neal
Jamie Benn
Mark Fistric
Brenden Morrow

I hear Sheldon Souray wants to come to Dallas.  Fascinating.  If he can stay healthy, that'd be a great acquisition.  And.....have I mentioned he's totally hot??  LOL 

1 comment:

  1. Due to my mental distress, I forgot to add Robidas to the list above. Shame on me.

    Robi - please forgive me. :-)

    ReplyDelete